Since 2001, Portland Battery Recycling has collected and recycled lead-acid batteries in a way that surpasses state and local battery regulations. Today, we recycle more than 16,000 types of batteries to keep you powered, but more importantly, our recycling program makes it easy for you to recycle nearly all of your used batteries!
We take pride in being the #1 battery recycler in the U.S. with more than 850 million pounds of batteries recycled last year alone. We know how to properly handle your used batteries, so please join us in our commitment to improve the environment by recycling your batteries with us.
Portland Battery Recycling recycles within strict guidelines
- Superfund—Joint and [Several] liability
- The Resource Conservation & Recovery Act
- The Battery Act
- The Department of Transportation
Businesses and Government
Your business relies on batteries as the most cost effective solution to meet specific power needs. After their useful life, batteries must be carefully managed through heavy environmental regulatory standards.Our battery recycling program will add value to your business by Leveraging our expertise in effectively managing battery recycling.
- Order placements
- Weekly payments
- Detailed records of orders
Call 503-255-9000 or email us by CLICKING HERE ( For a faster response, please have the battery type, quantity and zip code ready). If you are unsure about the type of battery, please describe what the battery came out of).
If you would like to find out more about our recycling program click on the link below, and fill out the information to the best of your abilities.
Green is Who We Are
We Make it Simple
What We Recycle
Portland Battery Recycling can help you recycle the following types of batteries at our facility located at 9710 SE Washington St. | Portland, Oregon 97216:
- Automotive and Sealed Lead-Acid: All types of Automotive and Sealed Lead-Acid batteries are accepted at any of our facilities. Examples are: Car Batteries, Alarm System Batteries, Golf Cart Batteries, and other vehicle type batteries.
- Industrial Batteries: Most types of Industrial batteries can be taken to any of our facilities. Examples are: Forklift, Motive Power, and back up power system batteries.
Does your business have regular recycling needs?
Are you looking for a program that will benefit your business and the environment? If so, please let our representative know that you are interested in learning more about Portland Battery Recycling‘s fully indemnified, national collection program. For more information contact us by email by CLICKING HERE.
Portland Battery Recycling can handle nearly all of your household batteries.
- Rechargeable Batteries: Such as laptop and cell phones batteries.
- Button Cells
- Both Rechargeable and Button Cell